Wednesday, February 28, 2007

You must not know about me You must not know about me

I had a little talk with my brain this afternoon. I reminded it that I am the girl who played through countless soccer games, feeling as if my knee was going to totally collapse AND then, in college, played through countless games feeling as if my knees were going to collapse. So, a second day of dealing with an angry little side stitch was NOT going to stop me from getting a good workout in - and it didn't! Had one of my better runs and furthermore, side stitch and all, and I am very proud of the fact that I got home and did NOT want to run...but I did. Motivated by the fact that this will probably be the last pretty day in Chatt-a-vegas for a while.

One thing I know about my anxiety is the more OTHER people I have to worry about the less I worry about myself, and the anxiety is MUCH less. The last time I had a lot of people to worry about was the three years I coached the guy's soccer team at my old High School. I was really a conditioning coach, I realized early that these guys were only going to get better by playing and the better condition they were in the more, and better, they played. We went to state my last year and I have really good memories (and a few memories of swearing that I would never have children) of these guys. So, I am excited to say that I am going to coach the alumni game a week from Saturday...it should be fun.

I have decided that cutting chocolate out for Lent is going to make me GAIN weight. I keep trying different things (Momma brought me a piece of pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing and two cinnamon muffins this afternoon) to try and replace the happiness one little piece of dark chocolate brings me.

No comments: