Monday, February 26, 2007

In the name of love What more in the name of love

From Sunday's service (Luke 10:25-37)

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"

In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'

"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."

Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

Sunday was a good day. Went to church and then home to do laundry and so forth. One of my biggest pet peeves is deciding what I want to wear and then figuring out that it is not clean! Figuring out what I want to wear usually happens in the shower or while eating oatmeal (with brown sugar).

B/c of snow in DC Dad did not travel last night and, as a result, I did not have to spend a big chunk of my afternoon to go up to my parents house, pick up Dad and take him to the airport. So I decided to make a trip to the Wall and get some back up necessities and supplies for butterscotch cookies. My bestest friend from High School, B, suggested that I make the cookies that are listed on the back of a package of Nestle Toll House Butterscotch morsels. So the cookies turned out to be SO good (not going to put the recipe in - just go grab a package of the morsels and go from there...)! First of all I am a batter eater and this has to be THE BEST batter I have EVER (really) had! The cookies are great too...took them to my parents and to see Dawn this afternoon and everyone loved them. MAJOR thanks to B for that recommendation.

Watched the Oscars, think that Reese Witherspoon needs to have a couple of milkshakes, Jennifer Hudson is amazing, Cate Blanchett is beautiful and Marky Mark is the Cinderella story of our time. I LOVE the Departed ( it is also one of the only Oscar nominated movies I've seen) so I was glad to see it win. On that note - can't wait to see Little Miss Sunshine!

Today was a pretty slow day, spent most of it playing with Tommy ("Do it again"), chasing Kozmo through the woods ("KOZMO, STOP AND STAY") and hangin' with Momma and Dad Man. Did get a Cinnamon Dolche Latte at the Buck this morning, so good!!! Also had a little pampering time and got a pedicure from my friend Dawn this afternoon.
Tomorrow things are back to, whatever normal is.

No comments: