Monday, February 5, 2007

She's running to stand still

My boss (my Dad) was in the office all week a couple of weeks ago and I realized that the busier I am the happier I am. That being said, I decided to take on a few more things. I am currently working on a couple of knitting projects and going to a Bible Study on Mondays.

To add to that I recently committed to Scott that I would go to the Y with him, and a buddy of ours, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, but that has a new wrinkle. I am going to train with my sister-in-law, and a group from her work, for a 10K in July. I ran for the first time in a LONG time yesterday. I should say I did a walk-run. The first step in the progression to six miles. I warmed up for five minutes then ran two minutes and walked four minutes for thirty minutes and then cooled down for five minutes.

I am realizing today that, as a result of the commitment to the run, I need to re-enter the world of yoga. I have found, in the past, that I am too competitive for yoga...if the person(s) next to me are in a certain position, I want to be in that position too! This attitude has yielded many pulled muscles. At this point I think that there will actually be another internal drive to the yoga (being able to move, maybe) that will divert my attention from the people around me.

http://www.clearspringyoga.com/

Clear Spring is the place to go AND it is co-owned by the mother of my first boyfriend. Or, should I was the first boy I "went with" (Oh those were the days!) So I will be heading back there, soon!

A good friend of mine recently opened a book store and I am also joining the Southern Literature Book Club there. I am going to go pick up the book this afternoon. It is a great bookstore: http://www.rockpointbooks.com/

So, I hope to stay a, happy, busy little bee.

Finally, note to self: do not nap instead of taking Koz on walks over the weekend b/c he will be a royal pain in the office on Monday!

No comments: