All right...It is time to ask, beg and plead for your help.
I know that to most of you a 5K is a warm up run; however, it is the distance of my first EVER road run on Saturday. I am going to run an easy three miles tonight and then take tomorrow off...but drink lots of water!!!
So, first set of questions:
1. Is running three miles tonight and taking tomorrow sound like a good way to go?
2. How does my beginning of my race day plan sound to you?
3. Any, hints tips, advice on what to eat, drink....before a race?
I am planning on wearing my HR monitor and pacing myself based on that. I know that I can run three twelve minute miles with my HR percentage being at a good 77-80%. I am also making my ipod play list tonight.
So, second set of questions:
1. Will the miles be marked?
2. Is pacing on my HR smart...might it be higher b/c I am excited and throw everything off?
3. Any good race song suggestions?
The COOLEST lady in the world...my Momma...is going to get up early to come down and take pictures for me...so I should have a good report for you all Saturday afternoon or Sunday.
The remedy is the experience.
This is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy is that it's serious.
This is a strange enough new play on words (Jason Mraz)