Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Whe you get to the bottom you go back to the top of the slide

Despite my morning anxiety session, yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day.

I was busy with Dad all afternoon and felt a lot better after I ate lunch. I am considering Andy's suggestion to give up coffee all together...I just don't know if I can do it!

When I was heading out of the office last night I talked to a guy who is a long distance runner about my side stitch. He suggested that it was a breathing issue (which I guessed) and said that when the stitch starts I should exhale as I plant my foot on the opposite side (of the stitch). So, I got home and changed and headed out and it actually worked! AND I had one of the best runs I have had so far! I ran 12 minutes, walked 2, ran 10 minutes, walked 2 and ran 5 minutes and walked 3 home. whoo hoo! I ran A LOT more than I walked! And the only problem with the stitch advise is that it made the other side start up, so I think that I need to work on my breathing in general.

I actually wanted to run longer but I knew I needed to get home and eat a little something before Bible study. Managed to get in a yogurt and some dry cereal and headed out. Bible Study was good. I just love our group. I leave there feeling happy and empowered. Even if things that are said are totally against what I believe, I leave THINKING. Instead of just hearing and accepting I am actually THINKING - I like it!

I bought English muffins at the store...a staple from my past, and had one, with Smart Balance and raspberry jelly. when I got home...YUMMY!

About to head to Cleveland to see the head shrinker, I am determined to leave early enough to stop for a latte this time. So much for giving up coffee...

This is a song Charles Manson stole from the Beatles.
Were stealing it back. (U2)

No comments: