Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dont let the sound of your own wheels, Drive you crazy

So, lots to report...

First and foremost I am still not running b/c I have a CRAZY sinus infection! I tried running Monday but found myself getting dizzy b/c I was not getting enough air. (Wore the knee brace and my knee felt good...which is nice!) As gross as it is...my nose is completely blocked! In addition I am looking mighty purty...my lips look like I have been skiing for a week and my nose is so chapped that even Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream (an OLD standby, need to add it to my favorite things!) is not doing the trick and, to top it off, I have swelling under my eyes.

I went to the head shrinker yesterday and she and Andra have given me some more ideas on how to become more silent. I think as a part of "getting better" mentally I have become overly self aware...constantly thinking any thoughts to avoid thinking "bad" thoughts. I also know that I have issues with feeling as though I am underachieving...long and sorted story...so in my mind "quiet" time is not productive time! All that being said, to say, that I am adding quiet time to my life plan. Whether it be meditation, breathing exercises, or yoga I really want to learn to sit with myself and be comfortable...and I will!

I did get to the Buck and get a sugar-free, non-fat, no whip cinnamon dolche latte yesterday (I feel like a coffee snob when I say, let alone type, that.) I have not visited the new Starbucks that opened about three miles from the casa...I am sure I will soon. I need to get a new travel mug...mine is leaking...I think it has been in the dishwasher one too many times!



Looking forward to LOST tonight...I hope the Locke back story is all they have hyped it up to be! Going to make some Bertoli Risotto, tomato basil, to go with the left-over pork - I might try and find some sort off relish to go with the pork. I have a new love of Sandra Lee after watching her "chefography" on the Food Network last night. I am ashamed to say that I was a little put off by her b/c I thought she was a snob and uppity...turns out that girl had it hard and worked hard for everything she's got. Gonna go on amazon now and find her slow cooker cook book!


Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
And take it easy
(Eagles)






No comments: