Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ha ha ha bless your soul, You really think you're in control

There are two possible explanations for what happened last night:

1. I remember from my soccer days that there is a bit of adrenalin that carries you through the first practice and it is the second practice that always makes you feel as if you are going to die.

2. Treadmill running is much easier than road running.

All this to say...I had a great workout.

Total time was 50 minutes...5 minute walk, 10 minute run, 2 minute walk, 15 minute run, 5 minute walk, 5 minute run, 5 minute walk, 8 minute cool down.

According to the treadmill (not sure about accuracy) I went 3+ miles and burned 408 calories. Again, not sure about accuracy, but I cut the last run short because the little hand monitors on the treadmill said my heart rate was 170...and it took FOREVER (8 minutes) to get my heart rate down.

All was well with my knee, and it feels fine this morning (thank gawd). My nose also decided to be helpful and not run too badly!

Recovered last night stretching during two NEW Law and Order episodes...love it!

Today is doctor day...I have really bad acid reflux, so this morning I am going to my once a year apt with my GI to make sure my esophagus is not being damaged and this afternoon I am finally going to get a second opinion on some OB test results I have got lately (just me being extra cautious, as usual).

Wednesday night cooking is naked burritos...knocking off a local restaurant...let you know how it goes.

My heroes had the heart to Lose their lives out on a limb
And all I remember is thinking, I want to be like them
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little it looked like fun
And it's no coincidence I've come
And I can die when I'm done
(Gnarles Barkley...got caught singing this on the treadmill yesterday...oops!)

No comments: