Wednesday, March 14, 2007

That's when I know that I have to get out cause I have been there before

Yesterday was a pretty much, all around, pity party kind of day.

Work was work...nothing overly exciting. But, after work (and taking Koz on our 40 minute walk at lunch) my knee was SOAR. Talked to my work runner buddy who thought that I might stay off it a little longer...the kind of day I was having, that was all I needed to hear.

Through JOHNNYTRI's site I started reading Steven's site and read about how much he appreciated his busy wife having a hot dinner on the table for him. I decided I would do the same...until S said he would be at the gym (lifting) from 7:30 until 9:00 and did not really want a big meal before he went and would probably eat cereal when he got home. So, tonight is the night that MY hubby will get a hot meal...Rachel Ray's Chicken Parmigiana. I have also decided that I am going to make a last ditch effort to stock our house with healthy, but more importantly, fresh food. With just the two of us eating irregularly, we often let (expensive) fruits and veggies go bad. But I caught myself eating tortilla chips last night b/c there was nothing else to snack on...so, I am going to try again.

So the pity part continued and I had frozen pizza for dinner and then drank too much red wine and ate too many butterscotch chips. By the time S got home from the gym I was bouncing off the walls. So, I helped him take ALL (a month's worth) of our recycling to the curb, and we talked to our neighbors a little and I calmed down somewhat.

Today has been pretty slow. Went and got my Passport application in...we are going to the Turks in May for a destination wedding. I should start trying self tanners now, to find one that looks OK on my translucent skin! Going to the store tonight to do my fresh food shopping and get stuff for the parmigiana.

I hope that successfully cooking a meal will snap me out of this funk...I have to be in a good frame of mind to do my bracket tonight!

So I gave up my seat at the bar and I head for the door. Yeah.
(Counting Crows)

1 comment:

Andy said...

Hi Molly
I've been out of action. Just started a new job. Still reading your blogs.
Take care of yourself,
Andy.