Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Its crazy Im thinking, just knowing that the world is round

Back from Chicago....GREAT time!

Despite planning (packed running shorts, shirts and shoes) and the best intentions I did not get an "official" workout in. Did do a lot of walking and did core work and push ups in the room...but that is it! (I'll blame it on the extra inning games, and all you can drink wine (see below)!)

We had a great time...three Cubbies games...won one for three, not unusual for the Cubs. REALLY enjoyed the rooftop seats (ended up going twice), worth every penny. All you can drink wine, beer, soda, water. All you can eat hot dogs, burgers, chips, BBQ grilled chicken and brownies. Great stadium seating on the roof top and also two indoor areas. One with the field in view and the other set up to watch multiple TVs at once (a lot of people where keeping an eye on the Bulls game Saturday night). Best of all...great bathrooms!

Weather was crazy...sunburned one day, freezing the next!

Ate bfast at a place called Lou Miller's that is SO good...have to go if you are in Chicago!

Great visit to Frank Lloyd Wright's home at Oak Park - just makes me admire the man more.

Hit Michigan Street shopping and did a little damage...I would say I did pretty well considering that every store you can dream of is located along this magnificent mile!

Not going to try to get back into any routine...heading to the beach on the 1st. That will allow for a lot of training...love running on the beach and there is a great gym just down the road from where we are staying where I can get weights and yoga in!

Scott gets home (with the camera) tomorrow...he stayed for business... I have lots of pics to post, so I will add more juicy trip details when I put them up.

I'm here I'm dancing on the ground.
Am I right side up or upside down?
Is this real, oh lord, or am I dreaming? (DMB)

3 comments:

Andra Sue said...

Welcome back! Chicago's a great town! I almost moved there a couple years ago, but ended up declining my job offer due to the horrific weather and high housing prices. How's the running going?

Dances with Corgis said...

Glad you had a great trip! I love Chitown. Did you guys get any good pizza when you were there? Your seats at the game sound very pimp. :)

The Stretch Doc said...

UR Back! Way to go! Glad you have a great time! I'll keep those roof top seats in mind if im ever up there.

As Skirough says, any pizza? It sooooo rocks up there!!

rockon`