Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I know who I am, but who are you?

Yesterday was a sassy day!

Yesterday afternoon S and I followed up on a flier we got in the mail from one of the premier sports clubs in Chatt-a-vegas, The Sports Barn. It is a restricted membership that basically limits you to one club (as opposed to being able to using all three in the city) and does not allow you to reserve machines in advance. The deal was too good to pass up...$99 a year for three years. Great classes, equipment, cardio machines, an outdoor pool (heated in the winter), nice locker rooms and showers and all the towels you want! And we pay, in a year, what we pay for two months at our little community Y. I will miss our Y, it had a lot of...character.

Check out our new digs:



I ran there for the first time tonight...30 minutes, 2.3 miles and my heart rate stayed around 140. I know that is a little high...I had the treadmill on the lowest "rate" I could run on...not sure what else to do!


I am excited about a class offered called Power Flex. It is descried as, "incorporating the science of resistance training through the use of variable weight barbells. The exercises are performed to music in a group setting. Power Flex is the perfect union of muscle and music. It is a barbell workout with emphasis on muscular." I think it will be a good cross training day class.


Today was a quite day...went to the head shrinker (got the CD Latte on the way!) and told her how excited I was about the positive turn reducing the meds has afforded me. Got my hair cut...basically got a trim and my layers cleaned up. Went to the mall with the intent of returning some things at Banana and ended up with more nice things, typical! I found a great dress that I thought of getting for Easter...





...then I remembered that the high Sunday will by 57 and the low 30! Passed on this one...might have to go back and get it after this cold snap passes!

On the same note, I had to bring all the flowers I planted into the basement tonight and will be covering the peonies and hydrangea with towels for the next couple of nights...looks like we will be back in the 70's in about a week. CRAZY weather!

You're not looking like you used to
You're on the other side of the mirror
So nothing's looking quite as clear
Thank you, for turning on the light
Thank you, now you're the parasite
I didn't think you had it in you
And now, you're looking like I used to (NO DOUBT)

No comments: