Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Aint no need to go outside...

Workouts:

Sunday
Rocket Yoga...kicked my ass. I had NO idea what I was getting into. We did a lot of weight lifting on the ball and other "non yoga" (in my mind) things. I was hoping to get a deep stretch after spinning. Guess that is what I get for not thinking about the fact it was called ROCKET yoga.

Monday:
Forgot to set the alarm. Pretty impressive that this was the first time that has happened. I DID pack my bag (without socks, it was a sockless run) and went after work. I had, by far, my best run. I did 2 minute walk, 3 minute run and ramped my run speed up from 5.0 to 5.2.

Mile 1: 12:09
Mile 2: 12:50
Mile 3: 12:28

Tuesday:
40 minutes on the Elliptical and 20 minutes arms and abs.

Wednesday:
This morning was the WORST. My legs were heavy,right knee more soar than it has been,my stomach was upset (1/2 Luna bar I regularly eat b/4 I leave felt like a porcupine jumping around in my stomach) and I was TIRED!


The first mile I manages a 3 minute run and a 2 minute walk..went back down to 5.0. The second mile I walked the first 5 minutes and then did a 2 minute run and 3 minute walk. I was determined to make it 3 miles but hit the stop button again (I need to stop playing the air drums) and decided that was a sign from the running gods and quit and stretched out really well.


Mile 1: 12:45
Mile 2: 14:09


So, the plan for the next few days:
Thursday: 40 minute Elliptical and 20 minute arms and abs
Friday:off
Saturday: Swim
Sunday: run (maybe Pilates class)
I was going to go for 4 minute run, 1 minute walk next week...but I think I will stick to 3/2
Monday: 40 minutes Elliptical and 20 minute arms and abs

I have decided that I need to stretch more...so I am going to make sure to get some stretching in every night!

Other STUFF:

Don't think the other ladies will be making not of the fact that I WON the blogger Men's basketball tourney pool! Not only that I went from worst to first! I do think that my J Hawks pulled me through! Rock Chalk Baby!


Also, my Lady Vols won last night! GREAT team effort!

Perhaps my bad morning was a result of a deep depression about College Basketball being over. What am I going to do with myself for 5 1/2 months until College football begins!

I ordered my Hallo Headband last night! I will let you all know how it is!

About to place an order at Eddie Bauer...good looks this season...Lovin' these shoes from Prevo (not quite as snazzy as Momo's) I know I will wear them out this summer!



Take Care
Molly

Baby, You hardly even notice
When I try to show you this
Song is meant to keep ya
From doing what your supposed to
Like waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
-Jack Johnson

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are really pushing yourself with workouts... way to go! And don't get bummed about the day you had to push stop. Sometimes you just don't feel it. You went 2 miles which is better than nothing. Congrats on the tourney pool - you rock! And I love the shoes! Very cute! Have a good one!

Unknown said...

Way to make those workouts happen! Excellent run on Monday in particular. :)

Danielle said...

Good job on the workouts. You definitely are doing well, keep listening to the body. I'm no good at pools...

I'm with you on needing to stretch. It's something I don't do nearly enough. Yoga is a great way to do it (just stay away from Rocket yoga if you are looking to stretch!!)

momo said...

molly, look at you go! good job, girl!

i need to stretch more too. i'm notorious for not - i get busy, and maybe that's why my body feels like its falling apart!! i'm going to commit to "trying" to stretch more. but definitely not in anything called rocket yoga! ;)